Sunday, December 3, 2017

Barkley Memories - The "Cultured" Lab

Every week, in addition to his walks, if it was not pouring or too hot for anyone wearing a fur coat, Barkley and I would head out.  We had a couple places where I could throw a toy and he could safely run off leash for a while in safety.  If it's hot out he got to go to the creek, sometimes with friends.
Afterwards on those trips, if it was just he and I, we would make a stop on our way home for a frozen yogurt. He waited in the running car with the a.c. on if it was warm and the door locked while I dashed in and come out with two red bowls.  He got a little dab of vanilla in a big snoot sized bowl.  He was usually trying to snoot it through the two front seats before I was even in the truck and then dragged the empty container into the back when he's done.
One night I was driving past the place while running errands the other night and decided to stop and get one. Though, if I'd gotten one for Barkley too,  it would have been completely melted when I got home.  Sorry, buddy.

I felt kind of bad, he'd been in the house all day long without company.  There's no telling what kind of mischief he can get into if he's too unoccupied..

Sorting my laundry (hey look, this has tooth sized holes in it, better throw it out).

Bacon Profiling

Or playing secret Black Lab fantasy games.
I am Bored.  Prepare to be assimilated.

But no matter what, he was always waiting for me with a bit happy Lab grin on his face and a wagging tail, just happy to see me.

When I got home that night, I set my empty yogurt container in the kitchen as I walked in, to toss in the trash when I got settled.

I expecting to be greeted by Mr. Happy Lab, who is usually waiting on the couch in the next room for me.
This was NOT Mr. Happy Lab.  Not only does he spot the empty yogurt dish, he, apparently, can count to two.
Come on Barkley, let's go.  It's been a long day but what's 15 miles to the gallon for your best friend.

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    BOL... that's as good guilt-inducing expression as I've seen in a long time! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a cold-hearted person could resist that look. It sure seemed sincere. What a lovely memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we have all seen that look before.
    Normally I cave in as Astro loves yogurt.\

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! He had you wrapped around his little paw! Well, that's the way it's supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the things we do for our loved ones - a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. who can resist that look? no one can... not even cruella de ville... although I would think twice before I share a yogurt with her ;O))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lab guilt appears to be a very motivating factor. Bravo for no resisting it. 🍦

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I